LEAF, Inc. Board of Directors
Established in 2006, the Leadership for Educational Achievement Foundation, Inc. (LEAF, Inc.) is a 501 (c)3 organization that serves as the professional development arm of the New York State Council of School Superintendents. LEAF, Inc. provides high quality professional learning to support the development of superintendents and their leadership teams. LEAF's programs are research-based, aligned to the needs of the field, responsive to changing expectations for school leaders and cost-effective.
The mission of LEAF, Inc. is to be the premier organization offering comprehensive professional development to ensure the success of educational leaders and the students they serve through opportunities that are excellent in quality, pertinent in focus, and readily accessible to all.
- Professional Development - Provide professional development to school leaders and district leadership teams by offering opportunities that are responsive to changes in expectations, timely, relevant, and affordable.
- Communication - Expand the knowledge of superintendents, assistant superintendents and district leadership team members about LEAF's professional development offerings by effectively marketing opportunities to superintendents, assistant superintendents, and district leadership team members.
- Technology - Use technology to operate more effectively as an organization and provide greater professional development opportunities to superintendents, assistant superintendents, and district leadership team members.
- Governance - The LEAF Board of Directors will continually review the organizational structure of the Foundation to ensure that they are operating effectively and providing the highest quality programs and services to school leaders.
- Fiscal Wellness - The LEAF Board of Directors will develop a LEAF fiscal wellness plan to ensure fiscal health and sustainability.
Laura Feijoo, President, LEAF, Inc.
President, LEAF, Inc. 2020-2021
Lauren French, Treasurer, LEAF, Inc./ Superintendent, Gouverneur CSD
Treasurer, LEAF, Inc. 2020 - 2021
Kevin McGowan, Past-President / Superintendent, Brighton CSD
Lynn Allen, Assistant Superintendent, Putnam-Northern Westchester BOCES
Jason Andrews, Superintendent, Windsor CSD
Scott Bischoping, Interim Superintendent, Byron Bergen CSD
Luvelle Brown, Superintendent, Ithaca City Schools
Bernadette Burns, Superintendent, West Islip UFSD
Jerry Griffin, Superintendent, Malone CSD
David O'Rourke, District Superintendent, Erie 2-Chautauqua-Cattaraugus BOCES
Laura Seinfeld, Dean, Long Island University College of Education, Information & Technology
Jennifer Spring, Superintendent, Waterville CSD
Charles Dedrick, Ex Officio Member / Executive Director, NYSCOSS
Leadership for Educational Achievement Foundation, Inc.
7 Elk Street, Third Floor
Albany, NY 12207